MagTool is software for magnetic stripe readers & writers. The tools that ship with most magnetic stripe readers, writers, and encoders are generally Windows-only and pretty crufty. MagTool provides a simple, intuitive interface to MSR206-compatible devices. The software features read, write, duplicate, and erase support for MSR206-compatible readers and writers (including MSRW MSR606, MSR505C, MSR106, MSR406, MSR210, MSR210U, and others).
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or higher
- Serial or USB interface on the device
- Erase operation locks up GUI until operation is complete
- Read operation does yet recognize non-ISO formats, despite what the UI says
- Raw formats are not working yet
- No documentation
- Want something newer and better? Check out MagStriper!
- MagTool 0.1.0 (August 10, 2009)
- Drivers are required to expose the serial interface. USB drivers for some devices are available directly from Profilic